Sunday, June 11, 2017

Glen Campbell's Swan Song

Glen Campbell's Alzheimer's has progressed to the point where he can no longer speak intelligible words, nor understand the words of others. This was the last song he ever recorded in 2014. Seems a fitting swan song:

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Gonna Miss You



Lyrics

I'm still here, but yet I'm gone
I don't play guitar or sing my songs
They never defined who I am
The man that loves you 'til the end

You're the last person I will love
You're the last face I will recall
And best of all, I'm not gonna miss you
Not gonna miss you

I'm never gonna hold you like I did
Or say I love you to the kids
You're never gonna see it in my eyes
It's not gonna hurt me when you cry

I'm never gonna know what you go through
All the things I say or do
All the hurt and all the pain
One thing selfishly remains

I'm not gonna miss you
I'm not gonna miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment