Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Things I Used To Do


I was looking through old photos tonight. I must have been looking for a fight. Once you're past fifty, photo albums become the enemy. Like I need a reminder that I'm not the man I used to be.

I once had a full-blown OBE just before I drifted off to sleep one night about ten years ago. I found myself walking down the hall of the Old Post Office building in St. Louis. I was following me. That is, I was following my doppelganger. The creature looked exactly like me except younger, thinner, and altogether better looking. He ducked into a bathroom with a very cool looking tile floor. I pursued. I was attempting to bruise my fist with his nose when I suddenly found myself back in my bed.

I've never met a younger, thinner, better looking doppelganger I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment