Friday, November 19, 2010

Old Pics of My Pop

I got some nice old photos from various people in the family after my dad passed away last July. I have a great fondness for old black & white photographs. There's just something special that was captured in those days that's impossible to replicate today.

This first one is special to me. I just got it a few weeks ago and had never seen a picture of my dad with his dad when both were adults. Grandma is here too. We don't know who the baby is. Dad had seven older brothers, so I have a ton of cousins, and the baby could be any of them.
The next two are of my dad, his next oldest brother Vernal, and grandpa. The first is from 1938.
This one must have been around 1945 or thereabouts. Grandpa was a real good trumpet player. You can see he's carrying his case here, and it looks like they have bibles and are on their way to church.
This next one is grandpa during WW1.
Pop as a baby.
Pop as a boy in a flower patch.
Pop with his aunt Mable (He was much closer to her than his mother). Isn't this a great picture? 
This is a really great period photo too of Dad and Grandma.
Me, sis, mom, and dad.
Here's dad with his brothers Vernal, Ted, and Harry, my cousin Dave wearing his police cap, and I'm in back.

No comments:

Post a Comment